Friday 6 September 2013

Weaving meditation

  
Over the bank holiday weekend I was away at Greenbelt festival. One of the things I really enjoyed was a prayer/ meditation time using simple weaving. The session started with a couple of readings but the majority of the time was spent in silence allowing your mind to be free while you focused on the simple repetitive action of threading strands of material in and out of taut strings on a piece of cardboard.
 
I chose mainly pink and blue fabrics and lots of different patterns, some people chose all the same colour or made a pattern. I really enjoyed focusing on the act of making something rather than thinking about what the finished product was going to be. I think it probably took quite a lot of preparation  for the people running the session with them having to prepare all the fabric and boards but it was a lovely, peaceful time in the middle of a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment