Friday 24 May 2013

Eurovision fun

I love Eurovision, LOVE it. I love the cheese, the confusing dances and inexplicable props. I love the voting and seeing people representing all the different countries that are supposedly in Europe (Israel, Azerbaijan?).
 
Last year I watched Eurovision with my friend Kathleen and her brother.This year I went to a party held by the friend of a friend. It was a lot of fun, especially being allocated countries and dressing up. My lovely friend Kathleen was given Bulgaria who unfortunately were not in the final but she went with the best costume ever. She dressed as the Womble Uncle Bulgaria!!



I had Russia as my country and donned my favourite old flowery blouse that is vaguely folksy and "European" I also wore a fake fur coat that my mum had made for me as a teenager. Fun

I'd really like to go and see the show like next year. Denmarks not too far so maybe it'll happen?
I'd also really like a more fun UK entrant not singing a ballad. Eurovision is a place for cheese not for serious songs, much as I've loved having Engleburt Humperdink and
*Last two pictures stolen from facebook

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of that theme dress up party! Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good Eurovision party. Even us Aussies get into it! :)

    ReplyDelete