Wednesday 13 March 2013

Wednesday Rembering

This is a regular post featuring an old picture of mine, usually from former travels, with a short description of the story behind the photo.





Back in 2010 I spent a few weeks in August working as an au pair for a French family. I met up with them at their Paris apartment and then after a few days we all travelled down to their Grandfather's house in the Cevanne mountains. I didn't have a fantastic time with them. I think this was largely due to differing expectations and communication difficulties. The days I spent in Paris were rather nice though, my cousin was studying in Paris at the Sorbonne for the summer and we met up one day at the Louvre. As I was then under 25, entrance to the Louvre was free, I very much enjoyed wondering around and admiring all the art even though it was incredibly crowded.

I'm particularly remembering being in Paris this week as I'm off there to meet up with friends this weekend! We've all been at least once before so we've not got any big touristy plans and will probably spend time eating, drinking coffee, walking around and chatting. We'll be staying very near to the Sorbonne on the south bank, if anyone has any recommendations for places to eat or fun places to go, they'd be greatly appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it was such an amazing and inspiring trip. Paris would be so lovely to live and visiting the Louvre would be truly a great opportunity. Enjoy your visit back! We're sure it will be as amazing as ever! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paris is fantastic!! Enjoy and take in all the beauty!

    ReplyDelete